Careers at Hangar
Flight Ops: Putting drones to work.
Our operations teams dispatches missions to pilots, onboards new licensed drone pilots, monitors jobs in the field, and QAs datasets. We also work directly with major industry players to ensure we’re capturing the data they need to maximize the power and experience of digitizing of our world.
Software: Making drones fly in new and exciting ways.
Hangar owns the world’s most popular autonomous flight engine for commercial use of drones: Autopilot for DJI. Autonomous software is truly our passion, and we work constantly to enhance its capability, bring it to new platforms, and integrate key new technologies that will help expand the stack of data capture and processing. With over 200,000 successful autonomous flights conducted by our users, our software team makes a direct impact on the autonomous robotics industry.
Machine learning: Collecting and processing data to enable practical application of neural networks
We precision-capture an enormous volume of infrastructure data, as well as data from hundreds of recurring projects to feed into our clients’ systems. These datasets enable us to integrate technologies like tensorflow into real life industry applications. We’re taking the first step of an exhilarating journey where automatic analysis and machine learning will transform the way entire industries work.
System architecture: Building a digital infrastructure you can be proud to be a part of.
Thousands of individual operators around the world upload job data from the field for processing and delivery to Hangar client systems. All this is done at high-speed and on a secure system built on Kubernetes. It’s a massive undertaking, and the development of underlying architecture of systems and servers will determine how rapidly digitization will impact the world’s infrastructure.
Interface design and interactivity: Creating interfaces that usher people into an autonomous future.
All the data in the world won’t do much good if there isn’t a way for end-users to easily engage with it and bring those insights back into the field. Our datasets are exceedingly complex, so we take user interfaces and design seriously: Every day our front-end team shows up to work to tackle new challenges that impact real-world productivity and safety.
And bringing all of this technology to industry for the first time.
Our sales and marketing team is the first line of contact with industries who often have never seen this kind of aerial data, and certainly haven’t had it yet impact their business. We work together to develop the consultative practices, support collateral, and client programs to help them bring high technology into the field today, whether it’s a limited trial or a massive international effort.
Senior Web Developer
We are looking for a passionate Sr level Web Engineer to join our founding Team! This job is at our corporate HQ in Austin. You’ll have the opportunity to be a part of the founding team that already has the leading mobile application in the drone flight space. We’re looking for proven senior software engineers to design and create web-centric, responsive, and intuitive user experiences that allow users to model and interact with various autonomous data flow processes.
- 7+ years of development experience
- Knowledge of both SQL and No-SQL database systems, patterns and query languages
- Cloud server environments: Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, etc
- Development environments: MacOS, Linux, VMs, Eclipse, Xcode, etc
- Project management software familiarity: Experience with a platform for organizing, consolidating, presenting and reporting on feedback (e.g. Jira).
- Understanding of managing engineering processes, coding processes, commits, deployments etc
Senior Side Server Developer
We are looking for an individual to lead Computer Vision projects through successful hands-on execution and delivery and develop and maintain project schedule, identify and track milestones, risks and cross-functional dependencies.
Manage work intake through Scrum agile development process, including sprint planning, effort estimation, change management, integration and testing.Build effective partnerships with internal teams to move project through all phases of the development process while improving processes to maximize team performance.
Manage reporting of project health and deliverables to internal and external stakeholders.
Create and document technical requirements, project plan, solution architecture, change requests
- Proven experience working with Computer Vision and/or related technologies (2D and 3D Imaging, Image Processing, Outputs, Object Recognition, Cameras/Sensors, OpenCV, OpenCL, GPGPU.)
- 3+ years of experience in a Software Project Management/Lead role, with 5+ years of experience as an software developer.
- Strong understanding of product development lifecycle and experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in project planning, successful execution and risk management.
- High-level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and a proven ability to multi-task.
- Experience working with one or more frontend frameworks (e.g. AngularJS, React, Laravel, Django, Flask, Bootstrap, EmberJS)
- Sufficient experience and aptitude with cloud technologies such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Firebase, CloudFlare/CloudFront
- Experience partnering with Product Management to define wireframes, user stories and define minimum viable feature sets
- You have a CS degree
- You’ve build a hybrid mobile app (Ionic, Cordova, PhoneGap)
- You’re experienced with Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud Platform providers
- You have experience working automated web testing framework and services such as BrowserStack and Selenium
- You have experience optimizing product funnels to increase conversion rates
- You’ve got experience directly as a frontend engineer at a company building products with leading mapping technologies such as MapBox, Leaflet, Google Maps
- 2+ years of Enterprise Software Support experience
- Experience working with a range of cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon AWS, S3, RDS, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Storage, CloudFront, Akamai)
- Strong communication, listening, presentation, and meeting facilitation skills to interact with developers, architects, business owners, and end users
- Sufficient experience and aptitude with cloud server support to speak credibly about client server network performance and moving large amounts of data over the wire
- Ability to gracefully handle and address customer questions and issues on the fly and to be innovative in solving customer challenges
- Ability to collaboratively troubleshoot issues and drive resolutions with Product Management
- Experience partnering with Engineering to define timeline and issue resolution
- You have a CS degree
- You’ve built a backend (NodeJs, MySQL, Python)
- You’re experienced with Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud Platform providers
- You have experience working with customers in one or more of the following verticals: real estate, construction, telecom
- You have experience developing training content, and a willingness to conduct occasional developer training sessions
- You’ve got experience directly as a support engineer at a company focused on Enterprise SaaS
Sales and Marketing Positions
Position: Account Executive
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full-Time, Salaried with Benefits and Incentive Compensation and Stock Options
Reports To: Vice President of Sales
Driving the future of the digital transformation
Hangar is hiring world class sales team in the fast-paced digital transformation occurring within several industries. This digital transformation is occurring at the intersection of cloud processing, connected devices and machine learning of petabytes of data. Hangar works with enterprise accounts that want to lead the adoption of autonomous robotics at scale across their business; precision capturing 4D Visual Insights across construction, infrastructure, telecommunications and visual intelligence. If you believe in the future of companies gaining a 10x improvement of their current way of operating, and love working with some of the most innovative solutions in the market, Hangar is the place to be. We are looking for highly driven sales executives that are passionate about selling to the enterprise and engaging with clients to built long-term success.
Critical Skills & Traits:
- Must challenge the C-Level executive’s current way of operating, develop a strong vision, and carry execs toward that vision
- Drive and passion – you’re creating behavioral change, and your relentless, positive drive is required
- Crisp, succinct, impactful communication – over the phone, in person, in presentations, in emails
- Comfortable gaining commitment in each phase of the sales cycle
- Creative – can open doors, get deals unstuck, present recommendations in new, interesting ways
- Can structure and negotiate deals with several key teams involved
- Organized and thorough, can handle the pace of deals and constant change
- Able to deal with ambiguity, including working independently
- Must have a sense of urgency and ability to compress the sales cycle
- Trustworthy, honest
Target Experience & Background (guideline only – the traits and skills are most important):
- Has sold successfully a technology or SaaS solution
- Has sold new stuff that companies were not already buying and didn’t know they needed
- Has succeeded inside fast-paced organizations with a constant sales and deal focus
- Successful track record landing the first 50 customers in a startup
- Consistent overachievement, sales awards
It is an exciting time to join Hangar. We are searching for someone who is a self-starter, great at relationship building, yet challenges prospects throughout the buying process. You must possess a strong ability to influence and persuade, are highly ambitious, and have proven experience with adaptability – this is a rapidly growing and changing environment. If this sounds like a perfect fit, then we’re excited to introduce you to Hangar today!
Social Media & Content
You’ve a social-savvy, analytics-driven social media expert with content creation and online advertising experience. You’re comfortable creating content, curating incoming material, scheduling posts, and developing short, medium and long term strategies to increase engagement. You’re comfortable in Facebook Ads, and Google Adwords creating ad campaigns, retargeting and promoting sponsored posts, and you know how to show and measure ROI.
You’re comfortable writing, using simple design tools online or in Adobe Creative Suite and you’re familiar with or have used tools like Buffer, Crowdfire, Hootsuite etc. You’re not afraid to hop behind a digital camera for quick photos or video, or throwing together an easy edit for social.
Hangar has a marketing team that’s organized, deliberate, and works together to conquer big tasks again and again. You’ll be responsible for executing social media strategy, brainstorming ways to improve it, and fitting social strategy in with our overall marketing campaigns. It’s a fast paced, high-tech environment where we have easy access to great content, and want to execute on a best-in-class social and content strategy.
We’re looking for a specific person to help join our team, represent us online, and both develop strategy and implement it for our social media and content. We take our online presence seriously, and you’ll be working with like-minded people that value what you bring to the marketing team.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Facebook Ads
- Google Adwords
- Retargeting (Adroll or similar)
- Excellent Copywriting skills
- Social Tools such as Buffer, Crowdfire, Hootsuite
- Photography & Videography
- Basic or Advanced Video Editing
- HTML & CSS
All Jobs Are Based in Austin, TX
Please submit resume and related materials to email@example.com