Effective Date: November 25, 2016
Scope and Application
This Policy applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our apps or Services, including in connection with unmanned aerial vehicle (“UAV”) operations (“Users”).
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify an account, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, and other information you may choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use the Services in connection with UAV operations, we collect precise location data about the usage from the Hangar app. In addition, if you permit the Hangar app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system, we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Usage and Preference Information: We may collect information about your interactions with our Services, the preferences you have expressed, and the settings you have chosen. We may capture detailed logs continuously on your mobile device, but will only copy those logs to our servers upon your request, typically for customer support purposes.
- Device Information: If you agree to accept push notifications on your mobile device, we will collect information on your device sufficient to accurately send such notifications.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we may collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
In addition, Hangar integrates with third party service and product providers to achieve certain app functionalities. Therefore, server log information may be captured in connection with our integration with those third party providers. This includes integration with your UAV via, for example, its software development kit (“SDK”). It also includes integration with third party providers of backend data persistence products, certain analytics tools, and user interface and display products. If you elect to share your information on a social network, we may collect server log information in connection with that use.
Server log information for debugging and support purposes typically includes the type of request sent, the IP address of the device, the time of the request, and a device authentication token for security purposes. We may also integrate with third party customer support providers.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example: to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Hangar and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Policy to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
How Information is Shared
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Policy or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through Our Services
We may share your information:
With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public; and
With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate.
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With Hangar subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hangar or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
If you have created an account, you may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account.
Hangar will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this may limit your ability to use certain features of our Services, particularly those relating to UAV operations.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account and about Services you have requested.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Hangar does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
Changes to the Policy
Hangar may revise this Policy from time to time and the most current version will always be posted on the Hangar website. If a revision, in Hangar’s sole discretion, is material, Hangar will notify you. Other revisions may be posted to Hangar’s blog or terms page, and you are responsible for checking such postings regularly. By continuing to access or use the Services after revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Policy. If you do not agree to the revised Policy terms, you must cease using the Services and any functionality associated with them.